Important changes to the Tassimo Brigade
Public Drop Off Points
We currently have 305 public drop off points
On the 1st May 2014, we made some important changes to the Tassimo Brigade. The programme is just for public drop-off locations now rather than those looking to send in their waste individually. Instead, we are looking to expand our network of public drop-off locations across the UK so we can save many more Tassimo TDISCs and flow-wrap packages from landfill within your local community. If you would like to be one of our locations, please complete our questionnaire
All brigade members have been sent further information outlining the changes via email.
Please note: We are now accepting applications from home locations to become public drop-off points, as well as supermarkets, community centres and other businesses.
Please read our guide to finding and shipping large boxes, which can be Downloaded Here
Tassimo wants to save even more TDISCS and outer flow wrap packaging from going to landfill. By partnering with TerraCycle, Mondelez has saved six million pieces of Tassimo waste from UK landfillAs an eco-friendly innovator, TerraCycle recycles the collected used Tassimo TDISCs and packaging into useful products.
If you sign up to become one of our drop-off points, then you will need to ensure that your shipment is at least 10 kilogrammes. For the total weight of the TDISCS and outer foil packaging collected, you’ll be awarded TerraCycle points. Each TerraCycle point can be redeemed for a monetary contribution to the charity or school of your choice. Click here and see "How does TerraCycle count the waste that my community collects so as to allocate my charity?" to find out how totals are calculated.
Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Programme.
Becoming a public drop-off administrator in the Tassimo Brigade is totally free! There are no sign up or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the programme. Once you have been accepted as a public drop-off location administrator on the Tassimo Brigade, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
1. Set up your public collection box in a suitable location. Supermarkets, independent shops, community centres, libraries and homes all make good locations where your community can submit their Tassimo waste. Please note, you need to send shipments that weigh at least 10 kg (approximately 590 TDISCS/outer foil packaging) in order for your account to be credited 2 TerraCycle point for the weight of each unit received. You can send in less than 10 kg but you won't receive any TerraCycle points for the shipment.
2. Download a pre-paid shipping label (you can send up to 20kg of Tassimo t-discs and wrappers using the Tasimo label, please note that the maximum box size for the R24 label must not exceed 610 mm x 460 mm x 460 mm) from terracycle.co.uk. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “CREATE FREE POSTAGE LABEL”.
3. Send the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at the post office.
For more detailed information please check out the Tassimo FAQs.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Tassimo Brigade accepted waste:
- Tassimo TDISCs of any size
- Tassimo Flow-wrap packaging of any size