Important notice for all drop off location administrators
Good news! As many administrators have been asking for a more convenient way to send in their shipments, the Tassimo Brigade is moving to a UPS pick-up service system from January 1st 2015. This means you will no longer need to take your shipment to a post office. An added benefit is that there are no box size restrictions in place with UPS as they will accept any size package. Simply pack your waste in a box as usual, download a UPS label through your profile and call UPS to arrange a suitable pick-up time from your location. Just call 08457 877 877 to arrange a pick up.
Please note, this means that post January 1st 2015 you will no longer be able to use any Royal Mail free post labels or be able to drop off any shipments for the Tassimo Brigade at Royal Mail post offices.
NEW MINIMUM SHIPMENT SIZEIn order to make the move to this more convenient UPS pick-up system viable and sustainable we will however need to change the minimum shipment size for receiving charity points. So as of January 1st 2015 you will need to send in a minimum of 15 kg of Tassimo waste in order to receive charity points. You can of course send in smaller shipments without receiving the charity donation.
BECOMING A PUBLIC DROP OFF LOCATIONCurrently we are unable to accept new drop off locations on the Tassimo Brigade. We hope to be able to accept new locations in the beginning of 2015.
If you are interested in becoming a drop off location, we recommend that you click on the ‘Register Interest’ button below and fill in the application form. When we are able to begin accepting new locations again for this Brigade, we will contact you directly.
Tassimo wants to save TDISCs and outer flow wrap packaging from going to landfill. By partnering with TerraCycle, Mondelez has saved over seven million pieces of Tassimo waste from UK landfill. As an eco-friendly innovator, TerraCycle recycles the collected used Tassimo TDISCs and packaging into useful products.
Participate in the programme by handing in your used capsules and foil packaging at one of our public drop-off points. We currently have 314 public drop-off points in the Tassimo Brigade across the UK. We would like to further expand our network of public drop-off locations in order to save many more Tassimo TDISCs and flow-wrap packages from landfill within your local community. If a public drop-off point is missing in your community you are more than welcome to sign up and start your own public drop-off point, please read more below.
You can see all the public drop-off locations by looking at the map. Open the map in a new window by clicking here.
For the total weight of the TDISCs and outer foil packaging collected, you’ll be awarded TerraCycle points. If you sign up to become one of our drop-off points, then you will need to ensure that your shipment is at least 10 kilogrammes in order to receive these charity-points. Each TerraCycle point can be redeemed for a monetary contribution to the charity or school of your choice. Click here and see "How does TerraCycle count the waste that my community collects so as to allocate my charity?" to find out how totals are calculated.
Becoming a public drop-off administrator in the Tassimo Brigade is totally free! There are no sign up or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the programme. If you are interested in becoming a public location please click on the black button to fill out an application.
To participate in the Brigade is very easy. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Set up your public collection box in a suitable location. Supermarkets, independent shops, community centres, libraries and homes all make good locations where your community can submit their Tassimo waste. Please note, you need to send shipments that weigh at least 10 kg (approximately 590 TDISCs/outer foil packaging) in order for your account to be credited 2 TerraCycle point for the weight of each unit received. You can send in less than 10 kg but you won't receive any TerraCycle points for the shipment.
2. Download a pre-paid shipping label (you can send up to 20kg of Tassimo TDISCs and wrappers using the Tasimo label, please note that the maximum box size for the R24 label must not exceed 610 mm x 460 mm x 460 mm) from terracycle.co.uk. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “CREATE FREE POSTAGE LABEL”.
3. Send the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at the post office.
For more detailed information please check out the Tassimo FAQs.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Tassimo Brigade accepted waste:
- Tassimo TDISCs of any size
- Tassimo Flow-wrap packaging of any size