The McVitie’s® Biscuit Wrapper Brigade® allows schools, organisations, or individuals to save biscuit wrappers from ending up in UK landfills. Each wrapper has an average weight of 2.4g. For each unit you send in, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit sent in (one unit = 2.4 grammes). These points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts or for a payment of £0.01 per point to the non-profit organisation or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Programme!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the programme. Once you have joined the McVitie’s® Biscuit Wrapper Brigade®, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough approved biscuit wrapper packaging in a box or envelope. Click here to find out how totals are calculated.
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.co.uk. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “CREATE FREE POSTAGE LABEL”.
- Post the box or envelope to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a post office.
To help boost your collections in your community or place of work, why not download our Shipping Poster which shows how to collect and ship your biscuit wrappers.
As well as this, you could download our Thermometer Poster which will show people in your community how many Biscuit Wrappers you have collected, and which Charity or non-profit organisation you are collecting for.
For more detailed information please check out the McVitie’s® Biscuit Wrapper Brigade® FAQ.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
McVitie's Biscuit Wrapper Brigade accepted waste:
- Any brand of non-savoury biscuit wrapper
- Any brand of multi-pack non-savoury biscuit wrapper, including individual wrappers
For further information, and to see what happens with your Biscuit Wrappers after they have been sent to us, please watch this short video